Slide switches are electromechanical devices that uses a slider that can be moved from the open position to the close position or vice versa to control the current flow in a circuitry. Slide switches are widely used in industrial and consumer applications:
- Computers, peripherals and network products, such as PCs, routers, monitors, etc.
- Telecommunication equipment, such as phones, modems, exchange, transmitters and receivers, etc.
- Consumer products, such as smart phones, thermostats, headphones, TV sets, remote controls, etc.
- Test and data acquisition equipment
- Power tools, such as drills, jigsaws, sanders, grinders and routers, etc.
- Medical devices
E-Switch’s EG1312 is new type of surface mount miniature slide switch that are ideal for small applications. EG1312 series right-angle slide switches have a single-pole three-position circuit function. The switch is maintained on in the left and center position however, the right position is only on momentarily. This means there is a closed circuit in each of the three positions. When the slide switch is actuated to the right position, the actuator will only stay in that position if the operator holds it. Once the operator removes the force applying on the switch lever to hold it on the far right, the actuator will go back to the center position. This unique function is what makes the EG1312 stand out from all other slide switches available. The life cycle rating for EG1312 series is 5000 cycles. The switch travels 1.5mm between positions with an actuation force of 150 grams. The surface mount slide switch features a miniature size of 9.9 x 3 x 1.5 (L x W x H). With the small dimensions and unique functions, EG1312 series find many new applications.
- Handheld devices
- Wearable electronics
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart homes
- Testing equipment
- Contact Rating: 30 mA @ 15 VDC
- Electrical Life: 5000 cycles min.
- Contact Resistance: 1Ω Max.
- Insulation Resistance: 1MΩ Min @ 250VDC
- Dielectric Strength: 100VAC
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Travel: 1.50mm from each position to the next position
- Contact Arrangement: SP3T
- Actuation Force: 150gF