- When: January 23-25, 2019
- Where: DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World Conference Hotel, Orlando, FL, USA
The 2019 Conference on Electronic Materials and Applications is an international conference focused on fundamental properties and processing of ceramic and electroceramic materials and their applications in electronic, electro/mechanical, magnetic, dielectric, and optical components, devices, and systems. Jointly programmed by the Electronics Division and Basic Science Division of The American Ceramic Society, EMA 2019 will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World® January 23-25, 2019.
EMA 2019 includes several networking opportunities to facilitate collaborations for scientific and technical advances related to materials, components, devices, and systems. Special lunchtime sessions will be geared toward students and young professionals. The grand finale of the meeting will again be the popular “Failure: The Greatest Teacher” where established researchers discuss the great ideas that they’ve had that did not work out for one reason or another.
Who should attend
EMA 2019 is designed for researchers, engineers, technologists, and students interested in basic science, engineering, and applications of electroceramic materials. Speakers include an international mix of academic, industrial, and national laboratory participants exchanging information and ideas on the latest developments in theory, experimental investigation, and applications of electroceramic materials. Students are especially encouraged to participate in the meeting. Prizes will be awarded to students making the best oral and poster student presentations.
- S1 Characterization of Structure-Property Relationships in Functional Ceramics
- S2 Advanced Electronic Materials: Processing Structures, Properties, and Applications
- S3 Frontiers in Ferroic Oxides: Synthesis, Structure, Properties, and Applications
- S4 Complex Oxide Thin Film Materials Discovery: From Synthesis to Strain/Interface Engineered Emergent Properties
- S5 Mesoscale Phenomena in Ferroic Nanostructures: Beyond the Thin-Film Paradigm
- S6 Complex Oxide and Chalcogenide Semiconductors: Research and Applications
- S7 Superconducting and Magnetic Materials: From Basic Science to Applications
- S8 Structure-property Relationships in Relaxor Ceramics
- S9 Ion Conducting Ceramics
- S10 Current Challenges in Microstructural Evolution: From Basic Science to Electronic Applications
- S11 Electronic Materials Applications in 5G Telecommunications
- S12 Thermal Transport in Functional Materials and Devices
- S13 From Basic Science to Agile Design of Functional Materials: Aligned Computational and Experimental Approaches and Materials Informatics